My Guide Website?
Phuket: Ethical Elephant Sanctuary Experience4 Reviews
Learn about the elephant caretaker's daily routine and watch a health check demonstration. Walk through the lush jungle and reward them with a snack, then let them bathe in a refreshing rock pool.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Phuket:If youʻre booking your trip to Phuket last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the history, behaviour and daily routine of the friendly giants
- Walk side by side the elephants through the lush jungle
- Prepare food and feed your elephant
- Watch you elephant bathe in a refreshing rock pool
- Enjoy a delicious and freshly cooked traditional Thai lunch.
DescriptionPhang Nga Elephant Park is a family-run elephant Sanctuary. Located in the picturesque, rural Thai jungle, our family has been caring for elephants for over 150 years and have dedicated their lives to the health and welfare of their elephants and now, are passionate about sharing the amazing world of Asian Elephants in Thailand. Hotel pick-up in air-conditioned transport. Please note that pick-up times do vary dependant on your location. On arrival at Phang Nga Elephant Park, you will meet your guide and receive our refreshing signature welcome drink. Your guide will explain the history and life of the Asian elephant as well as provide information about Phang Nga Elephant Park. You will be shown how to approach and direct your elephant, and we will tell you all you need to know about the experience, including an important safety briefing. You will be provided with a caretaker outfit to change into before meeting your elephant and can wear this for the duration of your experience. Next you will watch a demonstration of an elephant health check and will gain an insight into the elephant caretaker's daily routine. You will meet your elephant and learn all about her. You will be able to walk alongside your elephant through our beautiful jungle. As your elephant takes some time to rest, you will be able to prepare food for her and then feed her amidst glorious jungle surroundings. After a long walk you will be able to watch your elephant enjoy itself bathing in our refreshing rock pool to cool themselves down (and you, if you choose). After you have showered and changed, we will offer you a traditional Thai lunch, followed by fresh fruit and refreshments. You will have time to relax, take photos, visit the souvenir shop and Education Centre. Finally, after a beautiful and fun day, you will be driven back to your hotel. Our elephants have come from working camps all over Thailand and spend their days relaxing, socialising, eating and being amazing ambassadors for their species. It is our mission to commit ourselves to the highest degree of care possible for our elephants and educate both our international guests as well as Thai elephants owners on the ethical way of caring for elephants in Thailand.
IncludesLearning about Asian elephants Preparing food for your elephant Perform a full heath check on your elephant Feeding your elephant Taking care of your elephant’s skin Watch your elephant bathe in a refreshing rock pool Walk through the jungle Traditional and delicious Thai lunch Air-conditioned transfer English-speaking guide Excellent shower and locker-room facilities available to store your belongings.
- Phang Nga Elephant Park is a small family-run Park. Our family has cared for elephants for over 150 years, with each generation learning something new about the Asian elephant and their welfare. The Park is like a typical small, rural Thai village, where thirty people live and work together with their elephants and families. Animal welfare is paramount at Phang Nga Elephant Park. We consider that responsible and ethical elephant tourism will help to save the Asian elephant, but requires the highest level of care and husbandry. We are against unnatural and abusive practices and strive constantly to improve animal welfare and to promote education.