My Guide Website?
Phuket: Unique Dawn Ethical Elephant Sanctuary Experience
Retrieve your elephant where she has spent the night in the jungle foraging, assist our keepers in their mourning routine before rewarding them with a snack, then let them bathe in a rock pool
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Phuket:If youʻre booking your trip to Phuket last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Phuket: Old Town, Chalong Temple, and Great Buddha Van Tour
- Phuket: City Highlights and Hidden Gems Instagram Tour
- From Phuket: Customize Your Own Phuket Beaches & City Tour
- Phuket: Phi Phi Islands and Maya Bay Day Trip with Lunch
- Phuket: Coral Island Longtail Boat Cruise with Snorkeling
- Learn about the history, behaviour and daily routine of the friendly giants
- Watch you elephant bathe in a refreshing rock pool
- Retrieve your elephant from the jungle
- Assist in keepers morning routine and healthchecks
- Enjoy a delicious and freshly cooked traditional Thai lunch
DescriptionPhang Nga Elephant Park is a family-run elephant Sanctuary. Located in the picturesque, rural Thai jungle, our family has been caring for elephants for over 150 years and have dedicated their lives to the health and welfare of their elephants and now, are passionate about sharing the amazing world of Asian Elephants in Thailand. Learn about the Kwan-chang’s (elephant handler’s) morning routine. Together with your guide, you will go into the jungle to find your elephant after her night foraging in the surrounding hills. Enjoy exploring the real Thai jungle alongside your gentle giant before walking with your elephant to Phang Nga Elephant Park where you will join the Kwan-chang giving her a morning bath. After this truly amazing experience, you will accompany your elephant back to Phang Nga Elephant Park where you will feed her and watch a demonstration of an elephant health check. You will be offered a delicious, freshly-cooked, traditional Thai brunch. This is no ordinary elephant park, and this is a very special experience enabling our visitors to be with elephants and their handlers as it really is. We are certain that you will find the early start will be completely worth it. Our elephants have come from working camps all over Thailand and spend their days relaxing, socialising, eating and being amazing ambassadors for their species. It is our mission to commit ourselves to the highest degree of care possible for our elephants and educate both our international guests as well as Thai elephants owners on the ethical way of caring for elephants in Thailand.
IncludesAir-conditioned transfer English-speaking guide Learning about Asian elephants Retrieve your elephant from where they have been spending the night Perform a full heath check on your elephant Preparing food for your elephant Feeding your elephant Taking care of your elephant’s skin Watch you elephant bathe in a refreshing rock pool Traditional and delicious Thai brunch Excellent shower and locker-room facilities available to store your belongings
- Phang Nga Elephant Park is a small family-run Park. Our family has cared for elephants for over 150 years, with each generation learning something new about the Asian elephant and their welfare. The Park is like a typical small, rural Thai village, where thirty people live and work together with their elephants and families. Animal welfare is paramount at Phang Nga Elephant Park. We consider that responsible and ethical elephant tourism will help to save the Asian elephant, but requires the highest level of care and husbandry. We are against unnatural and abusive practices and strive constantly to improve animal welfare and to promote education.