My Guide Website?
Phuket: Old Town Street Food Hidden Gems Walking Tour19 Reviews
Got a free 2 hours? Go on this walking tour around Phuket’s streets and explore the city’s most delicious local eateries. Perfect for last-minute bookings with multiple start times to choose from!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Phuket:If youʻre booking your trip to Phuket last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Indulge in chicken curries, crispy crepes, dimsums, and more in Phuket Old Town
- Learn about Phuket’s gastronomy scene and history from a local foodie guide
- See coconut crepes cooked in mini woks featured as local's most beloved desserts
- Work a pair of chopsticks over the best bowl of Hokkien noodles in the Old Town
- Treat yourself to some traditional desserts at a tucked-away ice cream parlor
DescriptionEver wanted to spontaneously book a tour on the same day you take it? This short walking tour around Phuket’s foodie streets will have you discover some of the city’s most delicious local eateries in just two hours! You can also choose from multiple start times for a time that suits you. Meet at Ngor Kah Kee before heading to the first spot, Aroon Po Chana. This place offers amazing home-cooked meals such as roti, chicken curry, and other seafood dishes. Besides their heartwarming dishes, they also have an extensive drinks menu where you can order iced tea, Thai tea, or coffee from. Up next, head to A-Pong Pornthip. This delightful food stall is known for its A Pong or roll of thin dough made of rice flour, eggs, and coconut milk cooked in a wok and fried until crispy. Give these sweet treats a try before heading to the next stop. After devouring some savory dishes, make your way to Torry’s Ice Cream. This local haunt is known for its traditional Phuket desserts as well as its Sino-European interior and exterior. Feel free to cool down with a sweet treat before heading to the next stop. The next stop is the Lok Tian Food Court, a popular food stop for the locals. This mini cafeteria serves fantastic local Phuketian dishes such as Loba, Hokkian Nooddle, and O-aew. The perfect place to try some authentic local cuisine. Before ending the tour, stroll along Deebuk Road and catch glimpses of local life with the colorful backdrop of the beautifully preserved shophouses. Pass by many street food stalls selling snacks like Tao Sor, Pang Peah, and more. Important Note: Kindly note that most restaurants mentioned tend to close by early afternoon. If you choose the 2:30 pm slot, your experienced guide will take you to alternative (but just as delicious) street food stalls to ensure you still get a taste of authentic Phuket street cuisine. If you would like to stick to this itinerary, it is highly recommended to book the morning slots. Possible Food Tasting Choices (at own expense): Aroon Pochana (roti), A-Pong Pornthip, Torry Ice-Cream, Lok Tian Food Court (Loba, Hokkian Nooddle, and O-aew), Deebuk Road (Tao Sor, Pang Peah, etc.)
IncludesEnglish- and Thai-speaking tour guide Walking tour Insurance
- Possible Food Tasting Choices (at own expense): Aroon Pochana (roti), A-Pong Pornthip, Torry Ice-Cream, Lok Tian Food Court (Loba, Hokkian Nooddle, and O-aew), Deebuk Road (Tao Sor, Pang Peah, etc.) Most restaurants mentioned in the itinerary tend to close by early afternoon. If you choose the 2:30 pm slot, our experienced guide will take you to alternative (but just as delicious) street food stalls to ensure you still get a taste of authentic Phuket street cuisine. If you would like to stick to this itinerary, it is highly recommended to book the morning slots. Moderate fitness levels are recommended. Itinerary details are for reference only and may be subject to change depending on the weather, availability of the restaurants and food stalls, and other unforeseen circumstances on your activity date.